Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Maple Syrup festival on March 31 st

Here are the four types of Maple syrup we can find. In France we can only buy the medium one which has a stronger taste than the light and extra light and also sweeter. We got to Elmira early in the morning and started with a sweet breakfast : two pancakes covered with maple syrup. So good but so sweet...



We went visting a farm producing maple syrup

These plastic containers collect the sap from the trees. Each tree produce around 40 gallons per season. And with 40 liters of Sap, we get 1L maple syrup through the evaporation process.

Alice's mother and grandmother (on the left) came to visit Alice for two weeks. They brought many kg of fondu, cheese and chocolate ... exactly what we don't find in Canada.


Traditionnal way to cook popcorns in the middle of the forest...








1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Really nice pictures. I wish I could be there with you!!!
Enjoy the Maple syrup as far as you are in Canada, because I warn you: you will miss it back to France!

(PS: Since I was missing maple syrup in Brussels I bought one bottle when I went to NYC! HiHi!!!)

Sara

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home